Displaying items by tag: The Signifyin Works of Marlon Riggs Criterion BD
Today I’m diving into work on more disc reviews here at The Bits, especially new 4K titles. So today’s update will be fairly quick. However, we do have some interesting odds and ends to report after yesterday’s flood of major news, and we have Amazon pre-order links for a bunch of newly-announced titles to share with you too.
First, some Blu-ray reviews... Tim has taken a look at Don Siegel’s The Beguiled (1971), which was released late last year on Blu-ray by Kino Lorber Studio Classics. He’s also given one of the last Hammer Films titles a spin on Blu-ray from Scream Factory, Terence Fisher’s Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell (1974). Both discs are worth your time.
A quick note on the subject of Kino Lorber Studio Classic: It appears that they inadvertently used the wrong master for their recent Blu-ray of Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia (reviewed here on The Bits). The company is correcting this by replicating new replacement discs that use the proper 2017 4K restoration and you can request a copy by filling out this form on the Kino Lorber website.
Now then... the big announcement news today is that Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has officially set Guy Ritchie’s Snatch for release on 4K Ultra HD on 6/1. [Read on here...]
- Tim Salmons
- The Criterion Collection
- Bill Hunt
- The Digital Bits
- My Two Cents
- 4K Ultra HD
- Snatch 4K
- Guy Ritchie
- Media Play News Home Entertainment Awards
- Yaphet Kotto RIP
- The Beguiled BD review
- Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell BD review
- Kino Lorber Studio Classics
- Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia BD replacement program'
- Indiana Jones 4Film Collection 4K preorders
- Explorers BD
- The Human Condition Criterion BD
- Pickup on South Street Criterion BD
- The Signifyin Works of Marlon Riggs Criterion BD
- Visions of Eight Criterion BD
- Streetwise & Tiny Criterion BD
- Pariah Criterion BD