Displaying items by tag: giallo
All right, as mentioned earlier, we’ve got more release news to cover today here at The Bits. But first some new disc reviews...
Stephen has checked out Paul Verhoeven’s cult classic Showgirls (1995) on 4K Ultra HD from Vinegar Syndrome, which features the film in 4K UHD and Blu-ray, along with an additional Blu-ray full of special features. Stephen has also reviewed Peter Greenaway’s The Draughtsman’s Contract (1982) on Blu-ray from Zeitgeist Films and Kino Lorber.
Also today, Dennis has offered his thoughts on George Cukor’s Little Women (1955) and Abe Levitow’s animated Gay Purr-ee (1962), both new on Blu-ray from the Warner Archive Collection.
And Stuart has taken a look at the Norwegian legal drama Aber Bergen: Complete Series from MHz Networks and Kino Lorber, as well as Inés Toharia Terán’s Film: The Living Record of Our Memory (2021) documentary from Kino Lorber, both of them on DVD, along with the Warner Archive Collection’s Tintin and the Mystery of the Golden Fleece (1961) and Tintin and the Blue Oranges (1964) double feature Blu-ray.
Now then, speaking of Warner, Warner Bros. Discovery Home Entertainment and DC Studios have announced the Blu-ray, DVD, and 4K Ultra HD release of the Netflix original series The Sandman: The Complete First Season on 11/18, with a Digital release expected on 9/18. Note that a second season of the series is already on the way from Netflix. The set will include all 11 episodes, along with a pair of featurettes (The Sandman: Behind the Scenes Sneak Peek and The World of The Endless). You can see the cover artwork at left and also below. [Read on here...]
- Stephen Bjork
- Studio Ghibli
- The Boy and the Heron
- Hayao Miyazaki
- My Two Cents
- The Digital Bits
- Bill Hunt
- 4K Ultra HD
- Showgirls 4K review
- The Draughtsman's Contract BD review
- Kino Lorber Studio Classics
- Kino Cult
- Kino Lorber
- Vinegar Syndrome
- Little Women (1955) BD review
- Dennis Seuling
- Gay Purree (1962) BD review
- The Warner Archive Collection
- Aber Bergen: Complete Series DVD review
- Film: The Living Record of Our Memory DVD review
- Stuart Galbraith IV
- Tintin and the Mystery of the Golden Fleece BD review
- Tintin and the Blue Oranges BD review
- DC Studios
- Warner Bros Discovery Home Entertainment
- The Sandman: The Complete First Season 4K
- Lawrence of Arabia 4K Steelbook
- Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
- Rudy 4K
- Sinner: The Secret Diary of a Nymphomaniac
- Jess Franco
- The Emerald Forest
- John Boorman
- Clint Eastwood
- The Eiger Sanction 4K
- Giuliano Carnimeo
- The Case of the Bloody Iris (1972) 4K
- Michael Coate
- History Legacy & Showmanship
- Star Trek: The Animated Series 50th anniversary
- Jerry Beck
- Michael & Denise Okuda
- David Gerrold
- Media Play News
- TK Arnold
- Ingram Entertainment exits the disc business
- How Do You Live?
- The Muppets Take Manhattan 4K
- Loki: The Complete First Season 4K
Welcome to a new edition of Pick-Ups!
Back this week with more reviews. Not a lot happening movie-wise, although I am pleased that the new horror movie Don’t Breathe is doing well at the box office. Perhaps I’ll be able to catch it at some point. We’re also starting to break out the Halloween decorations, and if anybody knows us, we go all out. Hopefully I can share a couple of pictures with you when we get it all up. If nothing else, they’ll definitely pop up on social media at some point.
Anyways, let’s move on to some reviews. [Read on here…]